Designed and delivered with a partnership organisation, this course is particularly suited for those engaging as government institutions and agencies, non-state actors, international organisations, advocacy groups, or jointly, on substantive issues of policy design and implementation. Policy dialogue is a knowledge-based process that requires structuring a long-term integrated negotiation effort. Building up these skills is our goal.
Know how policy is made and the relevant entry points for impact on national policies and international debate;
- Appreciate the key questions to be addressed at the different phases of a project or programme and how to use the operations to structure and support substantively policy dialogue;
- Match an organisation’s cycle and national policy cycle;
- Define internally the principles to conduct a strategic and informed policy dialogue;
- Plan and document a policy dialogue process for an organisation, including the use of its resources;
- Acquire holistic negotiation skills for formal and informal settings;
- Develop bilateral, multi-stakeholder meeting/negotiation skills which are policy dialogue-relevant and compatible;
- Develop practical know-how to organise and manage meetings;
- Create added-value outcomes and decision-making processes through dialogue.