Private Sector Business Diplomacy
In today’s globalized world, private and public sector collaboration have increased substantially in many areas. Banking industry, corporate finance or large international corporations must work hand in hand with public sector and are accountable towards new regulatory entities. Yet, negotiating in a business environment differs in many ways with the public sectors negotiations: negotiators at the table have a different rapport with their constituents, their ability to manage internal challenges and their decision-making processes. In order to be a successful negotiator, it is essential to seek a comprehensive understanding of the context in which the other party is operating.
Diplomatic skills have relevance to private sector occupations when pure authority is not enough to promote consensus and co-operation amongst key actors. To find common ground on difficult issues and move beyond “compromise” requires acute skills of judgment, consultation and influence and is achieved through various means and techniques. Particular attention must be given to how managers can balance the complementarity of negotiation, persuasion, consensus building and the structuring of meetings.
The session includes an interactive presentation as well as a videoed role play exercise, giving participants an opportunity to gain more insight into the dynamics of building influence using diplomatic tools and receiving immediate expert feedback.
Video recording and analysis with personal feedback are central to all trainings.
- Negotiating Project & Change Management
- Fine-tuning Meeting Skills
- Fine-tuning Business Negotiations on a Globalised Playing
- Diplomacy: The Science and Art of Effective Influence
During the training, participants shall learn to:
- Appreciate the fundamental importance of the negotiation “structural components” to smoothen complex business situations
- Improve negotiation analysis abilities and influence effectively without giving up
- Understand dynamics of negotiation to better identify evolving objectives
- Promote constructive business participation in order to make progress, enhance relationships and reach a deal
- Strengthen analytical skills to discover real interests camouflaged by positions
- Negotiate effectively to manage key obstacles and achieve management objectives
- Learn how to use mediation and conflict resolution techniques to overcome business deadlocks
- Overcome difficult key players and challenging interpersonal relations
- Improve personal communication skills and assertiveness