International Negotiation Skills & Techniques, – 15-16 Mai 2018
Designed for professionals involved in International Negotiations wishing to fine-tune & improve Negotiation techniques & effectiveness
Venue: Brussels, Schuman District
- schedule: 09:00 – 17:00
- Discounts: available for multiple same-session registrations!
- Price: €480 (VAT incl.)
After this 2-day intensive training, participants will have improved their skill-sets to better use international bilateral and multilateral meeting/negotiation dynamics and enhanced their negotiation mastery, capabilities and expertise.
This training will engage participants directly to improve their international negotiation skills relevant to bilateral sessions as well as to various task forces, committees and conferences, UN or other, which produce contracts, resolutions and treaties.
Methodology & Content
The CENAD training methodology is resolutely “practical immersion” and “learning by doing”. Realistic international bilateral and multistakeholder meeting/negotiation simulations highlight and practice the techniques and skills promoting efficient management where specific interests and dynamics are at play. All simulations are video-recorded and used selectively in debriefings.
3 CENAD Negotiation Simulations: our interactive teaching methodology means that all participants are encouraged to invest interactively and perform in the simulations as negotiators and/or meeting chairpersons interchangeably. Debriefings – oral and video – further deepen lessons learned by connecting to participants’ “real worlds”, thus enabling “learning for life” through customised visual assessment and expert (and peer) feedback: everyone sees and hears themselves “in action” in a de facto mentoring environment.
Our interactive training brings these added-values:
- Performing in the skin & shoes of counterparts
- Silo-busting: exchange ideas and experience with peers
- Practice negotiating and receiving immediate expert feedback and coaching
- Expansion of professional networks
- CENAD certificate of attendance upon completion of the training module
What you learn
- Improve the fundamental negotiation skills of real-time meeting analysis, taking the floor, “field” operations (before, during, between sessions), lobbying-advocacy, emotional and cultural talent, hard & soft, intelligent flexibility, problem-solving and consensus-building, twinning strategic planning and tactics, and much more…
- Storytelling: myriad “real-world” international negotiation examples illustrate simulation observations
- Improve negotiation performance self-confidence: identify available strategies and tactics
- Improve process management in handling complexity, improve meeting structure
- Learn to integrate bilateral-multilateral with formal-informal meeting skills
- Prepare, coordinate, liaise and operate efficiently in institutional settings
- Promote constructive participation and cooperation without “giving in”
- Manage and prepare formal and informal meetings, formal chairing and tactical suggestions for dealing with delicate situations and individuals
- Power, constraints and overcoming differences
- Quality communication in various negotiation forums: beyond having good arguments
- Fine-tuning negotiation action-plan preparation methodologies
- Demystify intercultural negotiation
- People skills for informal and formal negotiations
- Diplomatic skills: influencing & structuring informality/lobbying
- Learn to “Eagle-eye” meeting dynamics and priorities
Practitioner professionals and interested persons from diplomatic missions, international organisations, private, public and civil society sectors dealing with international negotiation processes of various sorts. Group size is limited to a maximum of 12.
Robert Weibel, CENAD’s Executive Director Founder, will deliver this training. Internationally he has worked closely at HQ and field levels with major International Organisations: U.N. (UNHCR, ITC, WHO, UNCTAD, WTO, INC/UNFCCC, WMO, UNAIDS, OCHA, ILO, UNSSC, etc.), the International Organization for Migration (IOM), North Atlantic Treaty Organisation (NATO), the Council of Europe, as well as with numerous OSCE member states. He has engaged intensively in diplomatic training/coaching activities worldwide since 1987, notably for Switzerland, Norway and Kazakhstan. At European level he has trained 37 EU Council presidencies up to minister-level, all member state ministries of foreign affairs, the European Commission and Parliament, and the ECB amongst others. Not least, he had led negotiation training consultancies for leading international pharmaceutical, nutrition & wellness, technology & engineering, and crop science industrial companies.
The training courses will take place in Brussels, Schuman District, in equipped training rooms providing modern teaching facilities (TV or projector) and wireless internet.
Tuition fee: the tuition fee is € 480 (VAT incl.), which includes participation and all course materials. Morning and afternoon refreshments as well as sandwich lunches are also included in the fee. Accommodation and travel costs are at the expense of participants.
- Course delivery
- CENAD Training materials
- CENAD Negotiation handbook
- Lunches, morning & afternoon refreshments
- CENAD Training certificate
Discounts: available for registrations of 2-3 participants per session.
Registration deadlines: approx. 3 weeks prior to the training session start.
Group size: maximum number of participant is limited to 12 in order to guarantee true interactive and personal coaching/mentoring. In case the minimum number of 6 participants is not reached, options of reimbursement or re-registration to another session are proposed.
For more information , please contact Mr. Jonathan Weibel | +32 2 741 24 50 | email@example.com