Franz Gundacker – Senior Negotiation Consultant & Trainer
After his studies in Innsbruck (AT) and Glasgow (UK), Franz’s professional career continued with the Federal Civil Service of Austria from 1979 to 2008, punctuated by international assignments described below.
His experience in the Public Employment Service (1979-1992, 1994-1997) led to senior management functions at Land as well as at Federal levels as well as becoming Executive Secretary to the World Association of Public Employment Services (WAPES). At the Federal Ministry of Labour, Health and Social Affairs (1999-2003) Franz was Deputy Director General of EU and International Affairs.
International postings have led him to be Consultant with the OECD, Paris (1992-1994). In 1997-1999 Franz was posted to Brussels as Minister Plenipotentiary at the Permanent Representation of Austria to the European Union and chaired actively a Working Group during the 1998 first Austrian EU Presidency. In 2004-2007 Franz was Senior Advisor at the ILO Sub-Regional Office for Central and Eastern Europe (Budapest), covering transnational policy development projects in 11 countries in South Eastern and Eastern Europe).
Since 2004, Franz gained extensive training experience as a CENAD Associate specialized in International & EU Negotiation seminars in the following areas:
- EU Negotiations and Council Presidencies (Brussels as well as in-service/in-country forthe Council Presidencies of the Czech Republic, Sweden, Poland, Ireland and Lithuania)
- Public Administration / Civil Society / Business (Berlin, Lucerne, Geneva, Amman)
- Diplomatic training (Bern, Brussels, Prague, Yerevan)
- Central bank negotiation training (Frankfurt, Riga, Copenhagen, Rome)
- U.N. and Intergovernmental Organisations (Geneva, Quito, Pretoria, Cancun, Manila)